Lockdown is hard for everyone and trying to keep kids entertained during lockdown especially if you are working from home can seem like an impossible task! Here’s my top five lockdown activities I have been doing with my kids Beau 5 and Nixon 3
- Treasure hunt, my daughter Beau loves this one, we are lucky to have a large outside space to explore but you can do this inside as well. I draw 5-10 simple items on some paper, and they have to go explore and come back with everything on the list. Thankfully Beau understands my drawings! Some examples are a yellow flower, an acorn, and a long stick
- Kids Yoga- We did this last lockdown and it’s become a habit in our house since. We love Cosmic Kids because each yoga session is themed, such as Frozen or Moana. It’s great for parents to get involved in to for some daily movement too!
- Baking- cake in a cup. I’m not much of a baker but my kids love it, and the eating of it! We found this super simple cake in a cup recipe, so I’d thought I’d share.
You will need
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Dessertspoon cocoa
1 Tablespoon milk
1 Tablespoon oil
A small splash of vanilla essence
1 Tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
1 large microwave safe coffee mug.
Add all the dry ingredients to the mug and stir, add the milk, oil, vanilla, and chocolate chips, and mix well. Microwave for 90 seconds and enjoy!
- Bowls of water with mini bath bombs, this one was born out of desperation during the first level 4 lockdown and I had used all my kids activity supplies I panic bought before the lockdown. Knowing how to make bath bombs, I whipped up some mini ones in a range of different colours, sat them down with a few plastic bowls filled with water and let them play and mix the colours. You could turn this into a fun colour learning activity too. We now sell these mini bath bombs on our website; you can find them here
- Enter our colouring competition! We have designed a fun colouring competition with all our new anihana icons. To enter, simply print this sheet and get creative!
To enter, share your finished design to facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #anihanacolouringcomp and tag us so we can see. We will pick 5 winners who will receive a $30 anihana gift pack. Competition ends when Auckland is in level 2. Good luck!